Bringing Experienced Owners Together
Joining Forces to Buy Better Horses
Ours is a radically different approach to joint ownership. We are not running large syndicates and do not need costly racing managers. Our vision is bringing owners together to share the costs, risks and enjoyment of owning racehorses.
Also the details of Primo Capitano’s debut >
Five Goals We’re Striving to Achieve ....
- Partnerships not syndicates: each horse has six Registered Owners, with equal shares. We are joint owners, not syndicate members.
- Responsive trainers: open access to yards for all our owners. Frequent visits and close involvement. Our trainers personally know the owners.
- Quality horses: carefully selected by the trainers and their agents. Buying and retaining horses with the potential to progress.
- Value for money: keeping all costs to the necessary minimum. Fully transparent. VAT reclaim on behalf of owners. Annual cost summary.
- Enjoying the experience: active involvement for all joint owners. Online Owners’ Area. Regular updates on all the horses.
.... and Five Things We’re Determined to Avoid
- Expensive racing managers: because we don’t have any, we’re able to reduce the cost by 50%. Owners for Owners is run by owners, for owners.
- Indefensible mark-ups: some syndicates will double the purchase price of a horse and add on inflated charges. This is unacceptable.
- Poor administration: modern technology makes it much easier to organise partnerships. There is no excuse for lack of information.
- Keeping horses for too long: it doesn’t cost any more to train a good horse than a bad one. Realism is necessary. Move on the unsuccessful.
- No proper reviews: decisions have to be taken about horses, their performance and their welfare. As co-owners, work closely to make the right ones.